Friday, September 27, 2013

35TH ANNIVERSARY - PRESTON TEMPLE

I had been looking forward to this day for weeks. We got permission to go to the temple for our anniversary. Preston Temple is just over two hours from Sheffield. I got excited as I saw the Chorley and Preston sign because I knew we were getting close.

When we got to the temple we did not think we would know anyone there. We had to wait for the 12:30 session so we had lunch in the cafeteria. Here is where we ran into people from Sheffield 1st ward. I love finding another connection.


We checked into the Marriott  Hotel in Preston. I think I died and went to heaven. After sleeping in a double bed for two months it was so nice to sleep in an American King size bed. Breakfast the next morning was wonderful. They had a great buffet with eggs, cheese, rolls, potatoes, cereal and lots of juice. We truly felt like a king and a queen if only for a day. It was a great anniversary.

 
 They brought us choclate cover strawberries to our room. Man they were good.

 It was sad to leave because we had a great time relaxing here at the Marriott. Maybe we can do it again before we go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment