Monday, March 24, 2014

I'M NOT CRAZY, I'M JUST TIRED

Have you ever fell asleep, woke up and didn't know where you were? I had one of those moments. Today was preparation day for the missionaries. We drove all over the place here in Sheffield, then to Doncaster and up to York and back. When we were in Doncaster we were waiting for the missionaries while they played ball. (Common thing for missionaries to do on P-day) Both Mark and I decided to take a little snooze while we waited. I pulled my hoodie over my head and fell fast asleep. The phone rang a little while later and woke me up. It's about 4:30 in the afternoon, and as I look around, I think to myself "Where in the heck am I? Here I am in this car, on this busy street, sleeping. How did I get here and what am I doing?" As I find the phone and answer it I hear a familiar voice. "Sister Allen, this is Elder Brown..." Then it hits me. I know who I am and why I am here. I'm a missionary just trying to help people. Thank goodness I'm not crazy but just a little tried.





1 comment:

  1. I did that once when I arrived in the mission home when I was a young girl. My companion looked at me and said you don't know where you are. I had no idea who she was or where I was. That was 47 years ago. Wow how time flies!!

    ReplyDelete