Saturday, March 22, 2014

TYLER MONTEZ BAPTISM


Three weeks ago I got a message from Heather my cousin telling my her step-son Tyler was getting baptized. Just over two years ago a miracle happened when I met Heather. I had been doing Family History work and met Heather who is distant cousin through my dads side of the family. She was interested in finding out about our common "Merrill" ancestors. I sent her all the fabulous stories about our family crossing the plains and the faith it took to go to Utah. Their stories touched her heart and she was baptized in February 2012. Last year she went to the Mesa Temple for the first time. Mesa Temple is where our great grandmother worked for over 30 years. Heather was the only one in her family to join at that time. 


Tyler attended with her as often as he could. Something changed with Tyler and he went into his bishops office one Sunday and said he wanted to be baptized. I so wanted to be there for this wonderful day. I asked my family to FaceTime the baptism for me. It had been done before in this mission so why not try it in Arizona. It was perhaps the high light of my mission. To see my whole family there was truly amazing. I am so proud of Tyler and look forward to someday seeing him serve a mission. Miracles happen when you serve a mission.





 We are so happy for you Tyler. 

No comments:

Post a Comment