Monday, November 18, 2013

ARE YOU ALRIGHT?

Back home in the Arizona when we greet people we would say something like "How are you doing?" Or "How is it going?" Young people would say "What's up?" Or "S'ups?" when greeting their friends. Here in England it took me awhile to get use to their way of greeting. They would say "Are you alright?" Or "You doing okay?" Or " "You're alright?" We only say this back home to a someone after they had hurt themselves or they are ill. For example if they fell down or if they were chocking or something like that we would say "Are you alright?" It took me awhile to understand that their way of greeting did not mean there was something wrong with me when they asked these questions. It was their way of saying "Hello" and they wanted to know how I was doing. I am doing GREAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment