Sheffield A and B zone met at Sheffield 2nd ward building to wait for the bus to go to Huddersfield for Zone Conference. The missionaries are excited to see each other and love visiting.
Elder Rogers, Van Alfen, Thygerson and Allen
Sisters Beesley, Bendtsen and Allen
Sister Hedstrom and Harrop. Sister Harrop goes home in a week. Her parents are in Japan so that is where she will fly to.
Elders Simon, Sindylek and Brown
Elder Mosley telling us the schedule for today.
Zone Conference November 20, 2013
Why schedule people for baptism?
1. It reflects the desire of their hearts
2. Needs to be realistic or reasonable.
3. Have a due date.
4. Write it down.
They have their agency to choose.
Alma 17:2-3 how to teach
Oral Hygiene and dental health
Language. Our words speak about who we are. If our words were buildings what kind of building would we build?
1 Cor 13:12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known. (New Testament, 1 Corinthians, Chapter 13) charity is the pure love go. Christ PMG page 118 third paragraph. Charity is a gift from God. If you can't say nothing nice then don't say nothing at all.
President Pilkington asked us to write about what are you going to do to apply what is taught today.
When we dive into the scriptures you will find what The Lord wants for you. When ye are prepare ye need not fear.
Giving but not giving up.
Everything can be over come by following the attributes of Christ. Dive into them not just the surface. In six weeks you can become an expert on one attribute. Study it every day. Decide today what you are going to do. The answers are in the attributes of Christ. PMG page 118 Charity and love.
Have you been using this attribute in the last week? 1Cor 13:1-3
Finding can be tedious but really is refining.
Charity is given with nothing in return.
Video about Chinese person giving to a small boy who took meds because his mom was sick. He helped him and later in life the young boy is a doctor and he helps the old man with medical bills. Life comes full circle.
You are called full time as a missionary.
When you pick one attribute of Christ the other attributes are all connected. Charity is the best and all others follows.
Giving and never giving up.
Our focus is to establish the church. And to become like God is.
1. Heart - remember God. When we remember we learn to know God. That is why we go to church to remember God. The restored gospel enables you to become like Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. D&C 4
2. Baptisms (outcome) we invite others to come to Christ by baptism.
Mark 9:23 Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth. (New Testament, Mark, Chapter 9)
3. Work with members. PMG p160 Association with members is important because it softens people's hearts and often leads them to investigate the restored church.
4. One mission - one zone - we are all in this together. Give of yourself so others succeed. New missionaries are stars not greenies. Those who go home are mega-stars. Those season missionaries are superstars.
5. Finding - the process of bringing new people into the church is not the responsibility alone of the missionaries. When we find, we invite. I have come all the way from Arizona to share an important message with you. Listen to this! What blesses has The Lord giving you to share with others.
6. Teaching - make it interesting when you teach. Use pictures, sounds, booklets etc. Don't monotone the lessons but make them exciting. Rise your sights. Your discussions should focus on the needs of people and how to help them process. PMG 147.
Elder Mosley cleaning up
Elder Rodriguez Teixeria from Campe Verde has been a member for two years.
Elder McGinnis from Garden Grove, CA. I have gotten emails from his dad.
Sister gather for a photo
Sister Pilkington with Elder Mosley
Elder Anundsen from Norway.