Saturday, December 28, 2013

My new favorite scripture about Patience

Book of Mormon: Alma 26:27
27 Now when our hearts were depressed, and we were about to turn back, behold, the Lord comforted us, and said: Go amongst thy brethren, the Lamanites, and bear with patience thine afflictions, and I will give unto you success.
http://www.lds.org/scriptures/bofm/alma/26?lang=eng

I've been studying the attributes of Christ in preach my gospel Page 120. "When you are patient, you hold up under pressure and able to face adversity calmly and hopefully.."  Pres. Thomas S Monson said, "Life is full of difficulty, some minor and others of a more serious nature. There seems to be an unending supply of challenges for one and all. Our problem is that we often expect instantaneous solutions to our challenges, forgetting that frequently heavenly virtues of patient is require."  I need to learn patience with all people, myself included, as I work to overcome faults and weaknesses

No comments:

Post a Comment