Thursday, May 22, 2014

COME UNTO ME, ALL YE THAT LABOUR


Serving here in England we have met people from all walks of life and nationalities. I love the diversity. We try to help people to find peace and happiness in their lives. Today has to be the most disturbing. I met a man from Libya. He was told he must return to his homeland to save his family. The Libyan government has frozen his families money and they have nothing to eat. They are being persecuted because of him. They're basically being held hostage unless he returns to Libya. He knows when he returns that he will be killed but he is willing to do this to save his family. His father has asked him not to return because the government had already killed two of her brothers. What is he to do? Flashbacks into my mind as I remember what happened to our American ambassador and the Navy SEALs that served with him. I pray that this man makes the right decision for himself and his family. Sometimes life is heavy. We need to pray each day to have this peace that we are all doing our best. 

28 ¶Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 
29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 
30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. (New Testament, Matthew, Chapter 11)

No comments:

Post a Comment